1. How long does it take to work? Normally takes 2-3 days to work with optimal results seen after 7-10 days. It usually lasts between 3 – 4 months.
2. Is it painful?
The injections are relatively painless and are over very quickly. Most people can tolerate the injections comfortably. A very fine needle is used to ensure maximal comfort. Ice can be used if the patient prefers.
3. Are there any side effects?
There are side effects as with any medical treatment, however they are minimal. There is a risk of bruising, infection, headache, double vision and eyelid and brow ptosis (all of these are very rare and temporary).
4. I don’t want to have the frozen look, I just want to be rejuvenated? is that possible?
Yes definitely. The aim of our treatment is to give you the most natural look possible. We want your friends and family to say you look refreshed not overdone! This is why at Feather Brow Couture we formulate a specialised treatment plan tailored to you, taking into consideration the look you want to achieve.
1. Which areas can be filled? Fillers can be used almost anywhere in the face to correct volume loss and fill lines. This includes cheeks, temples, lips, lip lines, marionette lines, nasolabial folds and jawline. Filler can also be used in the hands.
2. How long does it last? This depends on which filler is used. Generally the filler can last anywhere between 6 months- 2 years. For example on larger areas such as the cheeks a highly robust filler is used which lasts about 2 years whereas a lighter filler for an area such as the lips will last approximately 6-9 months.
3. Will it be painful? The filler contains a local anaesthetic so after the first few injections is relatively painless. Ice or topical anaesthetic can also be used if the patient wishes. A dental block can also be used when treating the lips. This makes the whole mouth completely numb.
4. Is it safe? Yes. The filler is made from a sugar that naturally occurs in the matrix of our skin. It is this sugar that gives our skin its volume. Allergic reaction is extremely rare.
5. What are the other side effects?
As with any medical treatment there are some general side effects -bruising, swelling, redness and infection may occur. Very rare is necrosis of the skin, migration of the product to another area. Lumps may be felt under the skin however these usually resolve within a week or two after the filler has settled.